Waste Collections

All food waste collections are currently suspended. Garden Waste collections are currently behind schedule. You can find the latest on all waste collections on our news page.


Zoo licence

If you want to display wild animals to the public for at least 7 days a year, in any place that’s not a circus or pet shop, you will need a zoo licence.

To apply for a zoo licence, you need to:

If we need to consult a vet as part of the application process, you will also need to pay the vet fees.

Once we have received your application, we will arrange for an inspection of the premises.

We will only grant your licence if you comply with all the conditions.

If we grant your zoo licence, it will be valid for 4 years from the date we granted it.

Once your licence is renewed, it will then be valid for 6 years.

You will need to renew your licence at least 6 months before it expires.

If we refuse to grant your licence, you can appeal to the magistrates court within 21 days of receiving notice of the decision.

Contact information

Environmental Health
Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
College Square
Harlow CM20 1WG
01279 446111