The Harlow Health and Wellbeing Partnership Board’s key objectives are to:
- provide leadership for health and wellbeing in the district
- raise the profile and act as the voice for health and wellbeing
- review the priorities for health improvement in the district on an annual basis
- bring together key partners to deliver a partnership approach to funding, activity and co-ordination and delivery for all in the community
- identify potential funding opportunities which enables partners to develop joint projects and workstreams throughout Harlow
The board also create Harlow's health and wellbeing partnership strategy (pdf)
This document sets out our commitment to help all our residents form a health and active lifestyle.
The strategy has 5 key priorities which feed across all the board’s subgroups:
- reducing health inequalities in Harlow by focusing on the wider determinants of health
- increasing physical activity and improving healthy weight
- improving mental health and wellbeing, including reducing suicide rates
- addiction issues, including reduction of alcohol and substance misuse
- supporting long term independence for all sections of Harlow’s community
The board is creating an action plan to carry out the objectives of the strategy. Each of the subgroups below are considering how they contribute to the above priorities.
The board also has responsibility for deciding how the Public Health Community Grant Fund is distributed (currently closed to applications whilst we review the criteria for funding).
The board has subgroups that work with local organisations to deliver health and wellbeing projects and initiatives to help improve the health and wellbeing of our residents.
Each group meets quarterly, and membership of the groups is open to service providers, community groups and partner agencies.
Early Help and Start Well
This subgroup focuses on improving the health and wellbeing of children and young people living in Harlow (pre-birth to 19 years of age).
Bewell, Staywell, Workwell
This group works to make sure that all adults lead healthy and fulfilling lifestyles, enjoy good mental health, lead active lives and eat well.
This group's focus is that all adults over 65 live a safe, healthy and independent life for as long as possible.
Harlow Creates aims to increase access to high quality arts, culture and heritage experiences for Harlow residents and support individuals working in this sector within the town. It also aims to facilitate communication and collaboration across arts, culture and heritage, community, education sectors and beyond within Harlow, as well as support the health and wellbeing of Harlow residents through engagement with creativity.
Find Your Active Harlow
This group aims to increase levels of physical activity in Harlow.
Grants of £250 to £2,000 are available for individuals and organisations offering physical activity initiatives in Harlow.