The Public Health Community Grant Fund offers funding of up to £2000 for health and wellbeing projects.
The purpose of the grant is to fund health and wellbeing initiatives in Harlow which support our health and wellbeing partnership strategy and meet the priorities of the Health and Wellbeing Partnership Board and the subgroups - see our health and wellbeing board page for more information.
The grant is open to community, voluntary and not-for-profit organisations that provide services to the residents of Harlow.
- benefit Harlow residents (any age group)
- improve resident's health and wellbeing (you will need to demonstrate how you plan to achieve this)
- address a priority within the health and wellbeing strategy
- reducing health inequalities in Harlow by focusing on the wider determinants of health
- increasing physical activity and improving healthy weight
- improving mental health and wellbeing, including reducing suicide rates
- addiction issues, including reduction of alcohol and substance misuse
- supporting long term independence for all sections of Harlow’s community
We will not fund:
- repeat funding of an existing service or project
- ordinary running costs of your service
- costs of equipment or materials that are not directly used for your new initiative
There is no minimum funding amount you can apply for, but the maximum is £2000.
This year's application window closed on 18 July 2023.
This will be the only application window for this year (1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024), unless the board decides there is a need for a second window.
If your application is successful, your project must be delivered within the same financial year. You will have to return any grant funds if the project is not delivered or the organisation receiving the funding stops operating.
You will need to provide a report on the agreed key performance indicators halfway through the project, as well as an evaluation at the end of the project - we will provide a template for this.
If you need advice or support before applying, please contact Donna Lee email@example.com
Now the application window has closed, the Health and Wellbeing Partnership Board will review all applications and contact successful applicants to discuss the next stage.