If you want to keep a dangerous wild animal in Harlow, you will need a licence.
You must be over the age of 18 to apply for this licence.
You will not be able to apply for a dangerous wild animals licence if you have ever been disqualified from:
- keeping a pet shop
- keeping any dangerous wild animal
- keeping a riding establishment
- keeping an animal boarding establishment
- keeping a dog
- having the custody of animals
To apply for a dangerous wild animal licence, you need to:
- Contact Harlow for an application form and details on the current fee
Once we have received your application, we will arrange for an inspection of the premises.
Before granting a licence, we will need to make sure:
- the animal’s safety and welfare will not be threatened
- there will be no risk to the public
- the animal will not cause a nuisance to the public
If we refuse to grant your licence, you can appeal to the magistrates’ court within 21 days of receiving notice of the decision.