Mutual exchange



Once you are satisfied that the new home meets your needs, you need to complete the mutual exchange application form.

To complete the application form, you will need to create an account or log in using your details if you already have one. 

You will need to provide:

  • proof of residence
  • identity for all members of your household who are moving with you

If you want to swap with someone who is not a Harlow Council tenant, you both need to complete mutual exchange application forms for both Harlow Council and either the housing association or council of the other tenant.

If your tenancy is in joint names, you need to have the consent of the other joint tenant, even if they no longer live in the property.