You can find the latest coronavirus restrictions on GOV.UK. Everyone without symptoms can access free lateral flow tests


Pay housing and garage rent

You can pay your council housing, garage or hardstanding rent by:

  • Direct Debit
  • online
  • phone
  • standing order
  • post

You can view your rent account details or print off a statement by signing up for a MyHome account

Your rent is due every Monday for the week ahead. You can pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly, in advance.

If you are joint tenants, you are both responsible for paying the whole rent. This means that if one tenant does not pay any rent, we can demand the full payment from the other tenant.

If you are a council tenant and your garage or hardstanding is included in your council tenancy, then you will not receive a separate garage or hardstanding rent card - payment is included in your housing rent.

If your garage or hardstanding is not included in your council tenancy or you are not a council tenant, you will receive a separate rent card.

We will write to you every year to tell you the amount of rent you should pay.

If we change your rent, we will give you 4 weeks notice in writing.

You will also receive a rent statement for housing every quarter showing your payments and balance.

Statements for separate garages or hardstandings are not sent out.

Direct Debit

Direct Debit is the cheapest and most convenient method of paying rent.

You can choose to pay either on the 1, 15 or 25 of every month.

Most banks will do this free of charge as long as there is enough money in your account to cover the payment. 

To start paying by Direct Debit you will need to:


You can pay your rent online using most debit and credit cards.

You will need your rent account number.


You can use our automated telephone payment line to pay your rent.

You need to call: 01279 446600

You will need your:

  • card details
  • rent account number

Standing order

To pay by standing order you will need to:

You will need to manage the standing order, making sure payments are for the correct amount and paid on time by your bank.


You can pay your rent by post using a cheque.

To pay by cheque, you need to:

  • make your cheque payable to Harlow Council
  • write your  account number  on the back of the cheque
  • send your cheque to us in the post

You can post your cheque to us at: Housing Services, Harlow Council, Civic Centre, The Water Gardens, College Square, Harlow CM20 1WG

Post-dated cheques are not accepted. 

Contact information

Contact Harlow
Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
College Square
Harlow CM20 1WG