You are responsible for all repairs inside your flat.
The exact responsibilities for repairs and maintenance will vary depending on your lease. As a guide, you are usually responsible for:
- individual heating systems and appliances
- individual front doors, internal doors and fittings (hinges, letterboxes, handles and bells)
- plumbing and pipe work within the property up to the main stopcock
- internal fixtures and fittings and equipment
- internal decorations including the plaster covering on the walls
- floor coverings, including floor tiles and screeds
- internal walls (not load bearing)
- ceilings, including ceiling battens
- window glazing (but not the frame)
- damage caused by you
If you do not carry out repairs that you are responsible for, we may need to enter your property to complete the work. We will then recharge you for the cost of the work.