We are working with East Herts and Epping Forest District councils, along with Essex and Hertfordshire County councils, on the Harlow and Gilston Garden Town.
We are developing plans for new neighbourhoods to be established to the east, west and south of Harlow, along with seven new villages to the north.
There will be a major investment in transport, jobs and community infrastructure to support new and existing residents in the Harlow area.
The Garden Town will provide:
- around 23,000 new homes to cater for all, including those most in need
- a wide range of jobs in easy access
- integrated transport, including attractive routes for walking and cycling
- supermarkets, convenience stores and independent shops
- leisure and sports facilities, as well as hubs for community activities and events
- restaurants, pubs and cafes
- new nursery, primary and secondary schools to ensure there is a school place for every child
- new high quality health centres
- scenic parklands, woodland and gardens (including outdoor sports facilities)
You can read more about the plans for the Harlow and Gilston Garden Town on their website