If you are concerned about a development near you which you think does not have planning permission, please tell us and we will investigate.
Beaches of planning control can include:
- works carried out without permitted development rights or planning permission
- works not complying with conditions attached to planning permission
- unauthorised works to listed buildings
- unauthorised works to protected trees or trees in conservation areas
- unauthorised changes to use of land or buildings
- unauthorised advertisements
If building work or changes of use have permitted development rights – meaning they do not need formal approval from the council for the work – we will not be able to action.
We also cannot investigate:
- internal works to buildings which are not listed
- running a business from home where the main use is still residential and there has been no change to the character or the property
- works to a tree which is not protected or in a conservation area
- land ownership or boundary disputes
You can check to see if we’ve already taken formal action against a breach of planning rules by looking at our register of enforcement notices