National lockdown rules apply in Harlow. You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You can now access community testing in Harlow to find out if you might have the virus without symptoms.

Report a breach of planning control

If you are concerned about a development near you which you think does not have planning permission, please tell us and we will investigate.

Beaches of planning control can include:

  • works carried out without permitted development rights or planning permission
  • works not complying with conditions attached to planning permission
  • unauthorised works to listed buildings
  • unauthorised works to protected trees or trees in conservation areas
  • unauthorised changes to use of land or buildings
  • unauthorised advertisements

If building work or changes of use have permitted development rights – meaning they do not need formal approval from the council for the work – we will not be able to action.

We also cannot investigate:

  • internal works to buildings which are not listed
  • running a business from home where the main use is still residential and there has been no change to the character or the property
  • works to a tree which is not protected or in a conservation area
  • land ownership or boundary disputes

You can check to see if we’ve already taken formal action against a breach of planning rules by looking at our register of enforcement notices