Street parties are parties organised by and for residents in one or two small streets, without external publicity. They are a brilliant way to build a friendly community.
We encourage street parties and want to make it as easy as possible for you to arrange them.
Street parties usually:
- are for residents/neighbours only
- are publicised only to local residents
- are held in a quiet residential road or street
- don’t require insurance (the Street Party website has advice if you’re concerned about this)
- don’t require a formal risk assessment
- don’t require licences (unless you plan to sell alcohol, in which case you may need a Temporary Event Notice)
For most small parties in quiet streets, the main thing we need to know is where and when you want to close the road. You do not need to pay to close the road.
We will advertise and make the closure notice. However, you have to carry out your own consultations beforehand and provide your own road closure signs.
To apply for a street party, you can use the application form on GOV.UK
You need to send the application form to Contact Harlow at least 6 weeks in advance.