You need to register with us if you're based in Harlow and offer any of the following services:
- tattooing or semi-permanent skin colouring
- ear or body piercing
If you work from a premises, this also needs to be registered.
You need to register to make sure that you meet basic health and safety standards and comply with our byelaws:
- acupuncture byelaws (pdf)
- tattooing and semi-permanent skin colouring byelaws (pdf)
- ear piercing, body piercing and electrolysis byelaws (pdf)
To apply for a licence, you will need to:
- complete the beauty treatments and premises registration form (pdf)
- pay the £120 fee
Once we receive your application, we will send you a certificate of registration.
We may also inspect your premises to make sure you are operating safely.
You do not need to renew your licence each year. It will be valid unless you surrender it or we revoke it.
If we do not grant your licence, you can appeal the decision by writing to us.
If we suspend or cancel your licence you can appeal to the magistrates court.