Voting in the general election

If you can't make polling day, you still have until 5pm on 26 June to apply for a proxy vote. If you will be voting in person, remember to bring your ID. No ID? Apply for a Voter Authority Certificate by 5pm on 26 June.

Cooling towers

If you control non-domestic premises in Harlow, you need to notify us of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser on the premises.

We need to know about cooling towers because legionella pneumophila bacterium (legionellosis) can be found in many recirculators and water supply systems.

Once we are notified of the premises, we carry out inspections to make sure safety measures are put in place to protect employees and the general public from legionella.

To notify us, you will need to complete the cooling towers notification form (pdf) 

You do not need to pay a fee.

If there are any changes to the notification information, you need to let us know within one month of the change taking place.

You also need to notify us if you intend to decommission or demolish a cooling tower.

For more information about cooling towers and legionella, you can look at the Health and Safety Executive website

Public register

We hold a register of cooling towers and evaporative condensers that we have been notified of.

Contact information

Environmental Health
Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
College Square
Harlow CM20 1WG