The council ran a consultation on the Main Modifications to the Pre-Submission version of the Local Plan
The modifications make sure the plan is legally sound and address any issues raised by the Inspector and contributors to the examination.
The consultation ran from 12 March to 31 May 2020. We extended the deadline for responses by one month due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As public buildings were closed, we offered to send hard copies of consultation documents on request to those who requested them, free of charge.
The modifications were published for consultation in the Schedule of Main Modifications (pdf).
Now the consultation has closed, the Inspector will issue a final report and, if the Inspector considers the Main Modifications and other necessary modifications will make the plan sound, the changes will be made and the plan can be formally adopted by the council.
We also published two other schedules:
- Schedule of Additional (Minor) Modifications (pdf) - typographical corrections, factual updates and other consequential changes from the modifications
- Schedule of Amendments to the Policies Map (pdf) - changes to the map from the modifications
These schedules did not form part of the consultation but were published for information.
You can also download a copy of the:
- Pre-Submission Local Plan (pdf) - for information only
- Pre-Submission Policies Map (pdf) - for information only
- Main Modifications frequently asked questions (pdf) - for information only
Comments could be submitted to us using our online consultation portal, by email or in writing.
After the consultation closed, all the comments we received were sent to the Inspector for his consideration.
Comments are now available to view on our consultation portal
We have also published a Schedule of Responses (pdf) which includes our council officer comments in response to the comments.
You can check the examination news page for the latest upates.