Waste Collections

All food waste collections are currently suspended. Garden Waste collections are currently behind schedule. You can find the latest on all waste collections on our news page.


Performing animals


If you want to keep or train animals to use in a performance (live or recorded), you will need an exhibiting animals licence.

You can read the conditions for this licence on the Canine and Feline Sector Group website.

To apply for an exhibiting animals licence, you need to:

The total fee to apply for this licence is £255.

You can pay any of the fees by:

  • cheque - payable to ‘Harlow Council’ and posted with your application form to Environmental Health, Harlow Council, Civic Centre, The Water Gardens, Harlow CM20 1WG

We will ask you to pay the total fee for the licence up front. If we do not grant your licence we will refund your grant fee.

Once we receive your application form and fee, we will contact you to arrange an inspection.

We will use our inspection to decide whether to grant your licence and what your rating will be.

The rating is based on your animal welfare standard and the level of risk your business poses. You can read more about how the rating will be determined on the Canine and Feline Sector Group website.

The rating will be between 1 and 5, with 5 being the best rating.

The rating you receive will determine the length of your licence, from 1 to 3 years.

Once you have your licence, you need to display your licence and rating on your premises.

Contact information

Environmental Health
Harlow Council
Civic Centre
The Water Gardens
College Square
Harlow CM20 1WG
01279 446111