Before you apply for planning permission, you should:
You can make a planning application online at the Planning Portal.
You’ll be prompted to sign in or register for an account. Once registered you can:
- select and complete the relevant forms
- attach supporting documents and plans which must meet Harlow Council's local validation checklist
- pay the application fee online
You need to make sure that you submit all of the correct supporting documents when you complete your planning application.
Harlow Council's local validation lists provide full details of what information you need to submit.
- Major applications validation checklist (pdf)
- Minor applications validation checklist (pdf)
- Householder applications validation checklist (pdf)
You can use the Planning Portal calculator to find out how much you need to pay for submitting a planning application.