Register to vote

You must be registered to vote to be able to vote in the upcoming general election. If you're not registered, you still have until 11.59pm on 18 June to do so.

Search and comment on planning applications

You can use our planning register to view planning application we have received.

You can search for applications, track their progress and add comments.

Information on planning applications for the Gilston Area development is available on the East Hertfordshire District Council website.


You can use the simple search on the Planning Register to find an application easily, using the application reference number, postcode or address.

You can also use the:

Once you have selected a planning application, you can set up an email notification to tell you if the status of the application changes, by selecting 'track'.


To have your say in the decision making process, you can comment on current planning applications.

You can comment on all planning applications during the consultation period. For most applications, the statutory consultation period is 3 weeks from the date the consultation letters are sent out.

To see if an application is open for comment:

  1. Search for the application you wish to comment on.
  2. If comments are available, you will see the ‘make a comment’ tab.
  3. Add your comment and submit your details.

Your comment will be reviewed by a planning officer and will be taken into consideration as part of the overall decision making process.