- Report a tenant repair
- Council responsibilities
- Tenant responsibilities
- Right to repair
- Repair complaints
Repairs are carried out by HTS (Property & Environment) Ltd on behalf of the council.
Report a repair
You can report a repair by:
- telephoning the Repairs Centre on 01279 446666
- using your MyHome account
- visiting the Civic Centre, where a free phone service is available direct to the Repairs Centre
- email email@example.com
If your repair is urgent, it is best to phone.
When you report a repair, we will ask you for:
- your name, address and phone number
- what and where the repair is
- when you are available to give access to the property
- any special requirements you have
We will give you a:
- repair reference number (planned works)
- date and time for HTS to visit your home
Appointments may be made for Monday to Friday between:
- 8am to 12pm
- 12pm to 4pm
Gas servicing is also carried out on Saturdays between 9am and 1pm.
Some repairs will be carried out under planned works. We will contact you at a later date to let you know when the works will be carried out.
If you can no longer make an appointment, you need to let HTS know as soon as possible by calling the Repairs Centre.
If HTS are due to be late for your appointment, due to other jobs overrunning, they will let you know in advance.
If HTS can no longer make an appointment, they will let you know at least one day in advance and will arrange a new appointment to carry out the repair.
If HTS miss the appointment completely and have not given you sufficient notice (after investigation your claim is proven) they will pay you £10 for the missed appointment.
Once you have reported your repair, we will place it into a category with a target time to deal with the repair:
- emergency repair (within 24 hrs)
- urgent repair (within 5 working days)
- standard repair (within 20 working days)
- planned works (within 9 months)